Home Forums Hut Mount Fuji Accommodation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Yoko 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Will

Please can someone recommend a reasonably priced place to stay on Mount Fuji? I did a quick search but I could not find in English.

I read that it was advisable to stay between station 7 and 8 rather than trek from Station 5 to the top and back.

I know the official seasons are the months of July and August, but can you still climb Mount Fuji in other months – that are not perilous. Last time I was at Mount Fuji it was at the start of September, I did see warnings saying it was not the optimum time to climb but there were still plenty of people going up and down. It was about the first week of September if my memory serves me correctly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#3919 Reply

Yoko

For your information, the followings are the most reasonable huts on two major trails.
    <Yoshida Trail> 
- Sato-goya at the Fifth station (Go-gome) costs \6,000 (the lodging only / no meals).
    • Satomidaira Seikanso at the Sixth station (Roku-gome) costs \5,400 (the lodging only / no meals: Sun-Thu)/\6,400 (Fri, Sat).
    • Torii-so at the Seventh station (Nana-gome) costs \5,000 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Thu)/ \6,000 (Fri) / \7,000 (Sat)
    • Ganso-muro at the Eighth station (Hachi-gome) costs \5,600 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Thu)/\6,600 (Fri)/\7,800 (Sat)
    • Munatsuki-edoya at the Hon Eighth station (Hon-hachi-gome) costs \5,800 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Thu) / \7,000 (Fri, Sat)
    • Goraiko-kan at the Eighth and a half station (Hachi-go-go-shaku) costs \6,500 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Sat)
    • Ogi-ya and Yamaguchi-ya at the summit both cost \6,000 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Sat)

<Fujinomiya Trail>
    • Go-gome rest center at the Fifth station costs \5,500 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Fri)/ \6,500 (Sat)
    • Hoei-sanso and Unkai-so at the Sixth station both cost \5,500 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Fri)/ \6,500 (Sat)
    • Yamaguchi-sanso and Goraiko-sanso at the Seventh station both cost \5,500 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Fri)/ \6,500 (Sat)
    • Ikeda-kan at the Eighth station costs \5,500 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Fri)/ \6,500 (Sat)
    • Mannenyuki-sanso at the Ninth station costs \5,500 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Fri)/ \6,500 (Sat)
    • Munatsuki-sanso at the Ninth and a half station costs \5,500 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Fri)/ \7,000 (Sat)
    • Chojofuji-kan at the summit costs \5,500 (lodging only / no meals: Sun-Fri)/ \6,500 (Sat)

Unlike hotel rooms, usually you need to share a room with several people in huts.
    As you mentioned, staying at Seventh or Eighth station would be recommendable and efficient plan for climbing. In order to reach the summit of Mt. Fuji in time for the beautiful scenery of the sun-rise (Goraiko), get there before sunset, take a nap, wake-up midnight and set off again for the summit.

Official climbing season of Mt. Fuji is usually from July 1 to early September, and so it would be strongly recommended to climb during that period in order to avoid any unpredictable accidents or dangers. All of the huts and public toilets on upper Seventh station will be closed as the climbing season is over.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Mount Fuji Accommodation
Your information: